Baking Try-outs: Pumpkin Edition

October 27, 2010

Hello Everyone!

With the schools on midterm break this week, I haven't been baking for my little stand every morning, since my clients aren't walking by to drop their kids to school. So I've got to wait until next week to get back to baking. It's probably a good thing because there was a whole lot of carrot cake consumed by yours truly over the weekend. I'm often my own best customer!

With the week off, I've been checking out new recipes I want to try for next week. Here are just a few that I've got to try. But you'll have to stop by my stand to see which ones make the cut!



Buttermilk Pumpkin Bars (I'm a sucker for bars - they're great for wrapping up like little presents!)

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Just there to the right. Yum, huh?

Pumpkin Swirl Brownies

Which one would you choose? I'm leaning toward the Pumpkin Whoopie Pies - did you know they're a New England treat?



In other news, Coco has been practicing for Halloween. I think he's getting it!

coco halloween

6 comments:

P2 said...

Loving the blog Em! All of those treats sound divine. I do have a weakness for your whoopie pies!Coco is looking like such a stud, getting in the spirit and all! Can't wait for the next post.

Gerry Boyle said...

Whoa. Not sure i'd go to sleep Halloween night with that cat in the house

Anita said...

The whoopie pies were amazing!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Emily Boyle Westbrooks said...

I'm so glad you liked them! I made them Friday night and they were gone in a flash! Great to hear from you Mrs. Smith!

Anita said...

I'm making a second batch to take to our church harvest supper on Saturday. I used pumpkin pie spice instead of the cloves & nutmeg. I used canned pumpkin & the cakes were flatter than in the picture, too. Still very yummy though!
A definite "keeper" recipe.

Stop in & say Hi if you're in the area and have a few spare minutes. I'm now at CPS.

Emily Boyle Westbrooks said...

Weren't they yummy?? But really flat. Not sure how she got them to be so tall! Yes, I'll stop in to CPS when I'm home in a few weeks! Look forward to it!