The Word is Spreading!

October 22, 2010

Good morning friends!

This weekend was busy with baking, birthday celebrations and basketball. And we made great progress on my new studio. I can't wait to share photos with you, but I'm going to wait until it's totally finished. The work in progress photos aren't so exciting without a good reveal at the end!

But in other news, I've had a great response to my baked treats I sold last week. I usually put the treats table out around 8:15am and leave it there until 9:30 or 10 when I head to work. But last week, our postman stopped Michael to ask him if I could leave my goodies out a bit longer so he could make sure he got some!

And as I was heading into the house one afternoon last week, one of our neighbors crossed the street saying, "sorry, excuse me, excuse me." I thought she was going to tell me I was breaking a rule or something by having my little stand out every morning. Instead, she wanted to tell me how much she loved the coffee cake and could she have the recipe!



One of Michael's teammates who lives several blocks away from us mentioned to him at their training last week that he heard about my goodies. He asked Michael, "Is your wife selling cakes out the front garden?"

So the word is spreading about my little enterprise! I'm sure they all think I'm a bit nutty, but so far it's been a great way to meet more neighbors and support my baking habit.

The plan for the week is to work on building a more permanent little stand so that I don't have to keep trucking the Ikea side table out to the front garden every morning. And it's going to have a little roof so that I can sell goodies even in the rain.

Oh, and a special happy birthday to my Michael! Enjoy the day!

1 comments:

Gerry said...

Good for you. I look forward to the next report!