Settled and Festive

December 7, 2010

I had forgotten how much worse the jet lag is when you come in this direction, so I've been a little slow to get going!

I've been unpacking, getting the house back in order, and starting to decorate. And it is full on Christmas! Yeah!

It's still freezing, icy and now sleeting, so there has been lots of inside time and hot chocolate. (Speaking of, check out this neat recipe!)

So last night, I made these quickie wreaths for our big back windows. Very, very easy.



Tear some fabric into strips, or use scraps you have lying around, and cut them into uniform lengths. I used about 14 inch strips. Tie them around a wreath form until it's full. Then I added some thick red ribbon to hang them. So festive (and cheap!).





Cute huh?



And more photos of the nice little Charlie Brown tree when I'm not so grouchy at it...after the first night the lights stopped working. And I'm really not looking forward to taking them all off and starting over. Grrr.

Until tomorrow, I'm going to continue enjoying this dark, rainy, cold day. Off to organize my studio!

0 comments: