Monday Visits: Cork City

January 17, 2011

This weekend we went to Cork. Not so foreign, but it was a lovely day and a half. In fact, it was so lovely that I managed to take all of zero photos. Given, the first day it was misting and blowing wild wind, so I wasn't too eager to get the camera out. Day two was just flaky on my part. I swear, I'm going to get better! But let's see what we can work up.

We stayed in the Ambassador Hotel, which I think used to be an old hospital. We've stayed there before - and if you can get a room with one of the balconies overlooking the city, I highly recommend it. We didn't snag a balcony room this time around, but I can't complain - it was one night sleeping in a bed that isn't 6 inches too short for Michael's legs. A+ for that!



On Saturday night, we ate at the Strasbourg Goose, a quaint little cafe (and one of the only restaurants in Cork with a table for 6 with no reservations!) with a great prixe fixe menu. They had duck on the specials menu. Michael was a happy camper.

Sometimes it's a little hard to find great food for good value in Ireland, but the Strasbourg Goose was a great find. It was warm and cosy, with a fire blazing and the staff was so friendly and attentive.

On Sunday for lunch, the widowed wives and girlfriends of some of Michael's teammates went out for lunch at Amicus. Yummy food, great chats. Only wish I'd taken a photo.

We watched this guy (in the orange)



and this guy (bro-in-law, again in the orange)



kick some butt and take some names (67-56). Bring on the Cup final in two weeks!

And I even had some time to get some new makeup at Debenham's at the Benefit counter. A lovely girl named Leona (who had the most beautiful, milky skin) spruced me up and sent me on my way with some of this:



It's lip and cheek tint in a fresh, rosy color and way easy to use. It comes just like nail polish with a little brush. You just brush it on and then smudge it in. So easy and makes you look rosy and cheerful all day long!

I also picked up this eye makeup:



It's essentially all you need for pretty eyes for people who have no idea what they're doing. It comes with an instruction booklet that shows you exactly how to use the palette. So helpful.

So, that's your Monday Visit in a nutshell! Look, I managed a few photos for you after all! Next week I promise we'll take a whack at leaving the country. Well, we won't really, but we'll pretend to!

1 comments:

P2 said...

Good looking men in orange. Wish I could have been there!