Tea for Two

January 6, 2011

Just a few weeks ago, Michael and I realized our kitchen in Ireland is missing something VERY important. I thought we had it nearly kitted out, what with my awesome new slow cooker and all, but I was wrong.

I don't know how we can even call ourselves Irish. Well, technically I can't call myself Irish at all until another three years when I've got a passport in my hand, but still. We don't own a teapot. We have an electric kettle, so we can make individual cups of tea, but I'm pretty sure every Irish kitchen needs a teapot, even if we are mostly a coffee family.

But I've been poking around the internets looking for a cute teapot to properly finish our Irish kitchen. What do you think of these?

{Hand Painted Teapot from Paisley Hill Designs on Etsy}



{Word Teapot from MyDeco}



{Avoca Trinkets Teapot from Bijouled}



{John Lewis Stripes Teapot from MyDeco}



For the record, I think American kitchens need to adopt electric tea kettles instead of the stove-top version (the sound my dad's makes nearly gives my mom a heart attack every morning). Electric kettles are genius and fast and peaceful - no screeching noise! I use mine to make coffee in our French press every morning and it takes no time at all. Does that tell you something about how Irish I will ever be?

Electric kettles are also great for filling hot water bottles, which I think Americans should adopt as well. I've got my sister (whose apartment is like a tundra) hooked on them. We even have two in our house so we don't have to fight over who gets it! They're great for warming up the cold bed before you have to climb in at night.

Alright, there you go, my pitch for all things Irish on your Friday!

1 comments:

gerry boyle said...

I like that screeching noise. And the first teapot from the Paisley place.
Mom doesn't like the kettle? News to me.