Hello Winter!

November 3, 2010

Today is the third day straight of rain, which means winter is officially on its way.



I love that the leaves are falling off the tops of the trees first.



The leaves in Dublin don't usually turn quite this bright in the fall. If these weren't soaking wet, I might think about raking them up and jumping in them! Or maybe a neighborhood kid to jump in them, since leaf piles aren't as soft for adults...

Since it's raw and cold and wet, I'm making stew tonight. It's not baking, but it's hopefully going to warm us up!

This recipe sounds perfect. The only slight problem is that I don't have a dutch oven...yet. I've got one on my Christmas list in this creamy color:

Since Santa is a few weeks away still, instead of baking the stew for an hour and a half, I'm going to leave it on the stove top on very low heat. Here's hoping it works!

1 comments:

P2 said...

Stew sounds so good in this awful weather! I am pretty sure your recipes will be the only thing to get me through these next 3 months! Can't wait to try this...someday, when I get a home.