Thankful

November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving, friends.

Today is filled with lots of preparations for a big meal later, so I thought I'd just share a few photos of the lovely day in China Village, and a few things I'm thankful for today.



the freedom to travel to be with my American family over Thanksgiving




wonderful parents who equipped me with all the tools I need to succeed: strength, integrity and a little grit



a loving husband who's given me (among a million other things) space to try to find what will make me truly happy



warm, supportive family and friends in both of my homes



health, faith and peace in my little part of the world. it's rare.

To friends who are family and family who are friends. Have a truly lovely Thanksgiving day!

3 comments:

Gerry said...

The menu on that first Thanksgiving (Emily's, not the Pilgrims')
Mince pie.
Ballantine Ale
More mince pie
More Ballantine Ale
A toast to our new arrival.
A fine Thanksgiving, indeed.

Gerry said...

P.S.
The ginger cat is not dead, for those who may have been concerned.

Unknown said...

I love the blog, Em! Great pictures. Looks like you and the family had a great Thanksgiving.

Now, where is that recipe for the dinner rolls? I'm interested!!