Winter Fair Report

November 23, 2010

Hello from China Village!

I made it up to my hometown late yesterday afternoon. No major incidents driving on the other side of the road and I had so much fun turning right on red again!

Before I get too caught up in the Thanksgiving festivities of the week, I wanted to give you the full report of the Winter Fair last weekend. Sadly, I don't have tons or really great photos, but these few might give you a sense of what my little table looked like.



Click on the photos to enlarge.

Too bad you can't taste the treats (and too bad I didn't take any photos of them - that would have been a great idea!), they were yummy! I made six recipes for the fair: my very popular chocolate chip cookies, raspberry walnut bars, brownies, pumpkin cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin whoopie pies.

Then I made some baked Christmas ornaments you can see in the photo below. And remember my scavenging? Well one of those trees made the cut and came to the Winter Fair with me! I thought it was so lovely it's going to be part of our Christmas decorations in our apartment this year.



I also made a couple of these wreaths. The photos don't really do them justice - they are so sparkly in real life!



I printed gold Christmas trees on newsprint and covered cardboard boxes with the printed paper. The boxes gave the table a little height which I think was visually nicer. I printed mini gold Christmas trees on white cocktail napkins which I used to serve the treats, and I printed even more on small, white paper bags for those who wanted to take the treats home. Man, I wish I was back in Dublin for a minute so I could take a photo of the left-over printed napkins and bags. They were so lovely!



In the end, I did really well! After taking out the cost of having a table and my expenses, I made over 100 euro profit! So neat!

Huge, huge thanks go to my mother-in-law, Lois, for helping me get ready and for being such a great sales person on the day! And giant thanks to Naomi (and Andy, king of whoopie pie sales) for helping me behind the table as well!

And finally, thanks to everyone who came and supported me by munching on sweet treats!

Tomorrow: An interview with a Thanksgiving veteran!

*If you live in the Dublin area and would be interested in ordering batches of any of my baked treats for the holidays, please send me an email at fromchinavillage@gmail.com. Rates are very reasonable!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a veteran of many craft fairs, I have to give you an A+ for your presention. See you soon - maybe around the fire pit.

Nancy said...

I did not intend to be anonymous. Something must have happened when I tried to make my comment.

Emily Boyle Westbrooks said...

Thanks Nancy! Looking forward to Saturday and our little project!