The Other Home

November 22, 2010

Good morning from dark and gray Portland, Maine!

I arrived LATE last night and am still zonked, but I am here!

I wanted to share a quick few photos with you this morning before I head off to see lots of friends and family all day long!



That was the neatest view out the airplane window last night. The cool thing about flying in the afternoon from Dublin is that you get sunset oranges and pinks nearly the whole way! (And because the man next to me was a big old grouch who said, "Ireland is worse now than it was 20 years ago when I left, and don't you think the IMF isn't going to suck it dry," I spent the whole time looking out the window!)

And, the day before I left I had this view from behind my table at the Winter Fair:



Chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin cake. Yum!

More photos of the fair tomorrow, along with some lovely Thanksgiving recipes. Sorry, Irish readers, you'll just have to drool...or start angling for an invite to my first Feb-giving in a few months! I'm thinking Ireland needs a new holiday, no?

*Those photos are a little flat, huh? Michael turned on wide angle on my camera and I can't figure out how to turn it off! Grrrrr...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmm! Your cakes were delicious at the fair!!