Wreaths and Comments

November 9, 2010

Good morning all,

I know it's a bit early for Christmas, but I'm thinking that since wreaths are one of the first things to go up in December, it's a good time to start thinking about them if you're going to make your own.

I'm partial to traditional wreaths made of the boughs from Christmas trees, but they're a little hard to come by in Ireland. So this year, I'm thinking of making a more funky, modern wreath.

So what do you think of this guy? I think in a brighter color or combination of colors it might be lovely. I'll just have to stock up on that soft, shiny ribbon when I'm in America (in 12 days!). It would cost you a fortune if you could even find it here.



Or what about this pretty lady?



The instructions for this one look fairly easy - all you need is a wire hanger, then you secure the tops of the ornaments with hot glue and string them on. And here you can see a whole bunch of other color combinations you could try.

This last one probably wouldn't work too well for an outdoor wreath, but it might be nice to put inside. Again, instructions sound really simple and you could substitute a different color if you weren't into the minimalist look.



And finally, a little note on the comments section of this blog. I haven't ironed out every kink in this little blog yet, so I know it might seem complicated to leave a comment. I'm working to figure out how to make it simple for you! But if you can make your way through the commenting sign-up questions, would you say hello?

It doesn't have to be long, but if you like what you see or have questions or ideas or a recipe you like, leave it here! I'd love to have all your input, ideas and thoughts. I really would enjoy hearing from you!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Em,
I love the wreath with the ornaments.. Maybe while you are home we could try to make one? I don't think I could do it on my own.. It could be your practice! Love you - can't wait to see you!!!
Love, Beck, Lola & Dex

Emily Boyle Westbrooks said...

YES we will make a wreath when I get home...in 11 days!! can't wait!!! huge hugs coming your way for those cuties too!